Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This is my 2nd Mother's Day and what a difference a year makes! Last year I was so haggered and worn out. This year, I am still worn out, but have begun to get adjusted to my new life as "Mommy". For the longest time after Addie was born, I felt that I was a shell of what I used to be. My body was a wreck, my wardrobe was outdated, my "career" was gone, and let's not even mention the fact that all of this was happening while I was 125 miles away from most of my family and friends. I am not sure if it was due to post-partum or just lack of sleep, but I was beginning to doubt I would enjoy motherhood. However, in the fall, the Lord started doing a wonderful work in my life, and through my quiet times and a good friend (Thanks Leah!) I began to realize I wasn't a shell of what I used to be, I was breaking out of my shell! Leah said that anytime you love someone as selflessly as you love a child, you are bound to become a different person. Boy, was she right! I began to see myself as not what I used to be, but what God wanted me to become.
Each day brings its share of challenges, but with God's help, I have embraced and fallen in love with being a "Mommy"! So, to all of you who are future moms, current moms, and grandmoms, I pray for you a very special Mother's Day. Please take just a moment to listen to the song below by Stephen Curtis Chapman about mothers! It will truly bless you!





1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Libbie, since I consider myself a "future mother-to-be"! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates