Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Quick Trip

This past weekend, Justin and I headed north to Richmond, VA and Baltimore, MD for two of his interviews. I was so excited about this trip because, being a truly Southern girl, I had never been that far up the east coast. We snapped a few pictures to remember our journey along the way.

A glimpse of the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument from the highway. We weren't able to spend any time in Washington because of our tight schedule.

Once we got to Baltimore, we stayed directly across from the main Johns Hopkins campus. Everything there is so beautiful - I just love the "New England" look!

The front of our hotel - very nice! :)

The lacrosse stadium at Johns Hopkins- it's a VERY big deal there!


The highlight of our trip was seeing the most amazing of all bakery shops - Charm City Cakes. I simply love Ace of Cakes and was kind of bummed that Duff didn't come out to greet me - oh well! I've teased my family that if we move to Baltimore, that I would get a job washing dishes there - just to be near the genius!

Waving at the camera with Charm City Cakes in the background.


On our way back down to Georgia, we drove through Fayetteville, NC which is Justin's birthplace. He hadn't been there since he was ten years old, so we both were excited about this adventure. This is the hospital where he was born.


Standing in front of the house where he spent the first three years of his life. (Obviously the house was a different color 24 years ago.)


We had a tremendous time and look forward to the possibility of returning there in the future.

0 comments:

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates