Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A day in the life of....

Many people have been curious about how working from home has gone. Well, let me assure you that it keeps me busier than I ever dreamed. I typically get on the computer at 8 in the morning to check emails from both co-workers and parents. I spend the rest of the morning juggling Addie's breakfast, house chores, parent conferences, miscellaneous paperwork, and naps. I spend the afternoon much the same. However, life is getting more interesting with Addie crawling EVERYWHERE and pulling up on EVERYTHING! Today, I was working with a parent over the phone, and Addie crawled into the hallway towards Justin's office. Meanwhile, I'm trying to stay calm and professional on the phone, as I chase my little girl down the hall. In addition to being mobile, she is also EXTREMELY CURIOUS just like her Daddy! I have to watch her or she starts pulling my books off of the shelves in my office. She had one of my great aunt's books in hand ready to snatch out a page when I caught her yesterday! Life through Addie's eyes is beginning to pick up - not just for her but for her parents as well.
Justin is doing well; he takes his Cardiology exam on Thursday and Friday of this week - so be in prayer for him. Addie and I can't wait to have him "back to us" this weekend. Addie had a small cold, but she is over that; however, she gave it to me, and I am struggling getting over it. My doctor (Justin) thinks I have a sinus infection - too bad he can't prescribe me anything yet! Below are some pictures of what we've been up to this week.

Addie enjoys playing with her ball!

Addie enjoys helping me with the laundry!



We voted on Tuesday! All the poll workers were in awe of our little girl! Even though we don't like the outcome of that election, we are prayerful for our new president-elect!






2 comments:

Grammy said...

Hey Macon Family,
Daddy and I just read your blog and saw those cute pixs. Guess you better shut all the doors and put up a gate at the end of hall to keep our "Little Indiana Mann" in your sight!!! Sorry you're sick-try some of Addie's nose spray and gargle with warm salty water. Justin, daddy and I are praying for you to remember every thing you've read. Saw your Dr. Griner today - nice - showed pixs of you, Libby and Addie. He likes you alot! No meds for my LDL - waiting on some blood work to come back, then he said we'll see. I'll go back in 6 months if not before. Gotta go to bed - yes - think I hear snoring! Love ya, Grammy

Heather said...

I'm glad things are going well for you! Brooke has been anxiously awaiting for when Rylin would crawl. I told her she would think it was great and cute at first and then I would take bets on when she would not think it was cute! The same day she told me she crawled, she called back and said it wasn't as great as she thought it would be! I wish yall were here, but I'm glad we can still be apart of Addie's life this way. (I think Brooke was gonna go get gates and stuff this weekend) I hope you feel better! Love Ya Always!!

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates