Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Itch to Stitch...

I told you a while back that I got a sewing machine for my birthday because I wanted to learn how to sew. There is a great little sewing shop down in Warner Robins that inspired me to make a little dress for Addie. Well..... I DID IT! I never thought I would be able to sew. Oh, I aspired to do it, but I really never thought I could do it. Thanks to my new friends at the shop and a wonderful pattern, I have made a Thanksgiving dress for Addie. I still have to attach the ribbon, but you get the general idea. Yay!

I'll post a picture of Addie in her dress for Thanksgiving! She'll be too cute with her turtleneck, dress, stockings, and brown shoes! Sewing is just like blogging - addictive! I've already started scouring websites looking for Christmas appliques and ribbon! Oh the possibilities!

2 comments:

Alice S. Cook said...

Libby,
How adorable. The perfect match for an adorable little girl. You did great!
Mama Alice

Grammy said...

Lib,
So proud of you!!! Now you can make a mother-daughter-grammy-auntie outfit(s). Takes me back to my A-line jumper I made in Home
Ec. a long time ago. While at Toads and Teacups today, I saw the very same style dresses for $$$.
You'll probably get some orders now.
Mom (Grammy)

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates