Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Happy 26th Birthday Justin! Alice and Jerry (Justin's Mom) drove down and took us out for lunch and brought a strawberry cupcake cake from their local bakery! It was YUMMY!! He actually had today off, so we've been able to enjoy some down time! We've played, eaten, and are now settling down for an afternoon nap! :) Enjoy these pictures from our eventful, yet uneventful day!

Addie and Daddy enjoy a book together.


Addie and Daddy loving on each other outside.

Update: Justin has been at the hospital working with the Internal Medicine Department there. He has call every few days, and is pulling an 80+hour week! Needless, to say he is spent! Also, with him being in and out so much, it is definitely taking a toll on Addie and me. We both miss him a lot, but know that this is only temporary, and we are trying to adjust to this new schedule. In fact, we have a "girl's night" when he is gone. Last week we went to Build A Bear and bought a new outfit for our "Nunny" (Bunny), and a few days ago we rented the Hannah Montana movie (this was more for Mommy than Addie)! Speaking of Addie, she was sick two weeks ago (just a fever and cough) but is back to her dizzying pace. I'm still with GVA this year, and am extremely grateful for such a flexible job. I have more students and more responsibilities this year (which translates into more hours), but I can honestly say I enjoy what I do! God has been so gracious to us, and He is teaching me that He is my Provider, Protector, and Friend. I find strength and solace in that He is the "protector of widows" (Ps. 68:5), even though I am only a Med School widow!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you had a great birthday, Justin! You and Addie look so cute and happy together!

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates