Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Rough Start To A New Year

It is always so difficult to get back to work (school) after a long Christmas break. Well, this week was no exception! Justin started back on OB/GYN at the hospital, and I started back the 2nd Semester with GVA on Monday. All seemed to be going pretty smooth until Addie woke up Tuesday morning at 1:30 throwing up. She continued throwing up every half-hour until 6:30 that morning. Bless her heart - I've never seen her so sick - she was pitiful! I thought we were getting better by Wednesday night, then I got sick! (All while Justin was at the hospital on one of his 30 hour call shifts!) I tell you - it's no fun being sick, but it's really not fun when you're the mommy and all by yourself. I don't tell you this to gain sympathy for myself, but to let you know of God's goodness and grace through it all. Addie has never behaved so well; she would bring a book over to me and "read" to me or play quietly beside the couch. She would even hold my hand to help me get up. I was also blessed to get a lot of rest by the time Justin got home today. I am glad to say that we are both feeling much better now, and are praying for a better weekend! :)

1 comments:

jdgaertner said...

Libby, I hope you all are feeling better. I am enjoying your blog. As you said on Chris and Leah's blog, it is a great way to keep in touch with extended family whom you don't get to see much. Hopefully, Chris, Leah and the boys will be able to get together with you and Just and Addie when they are back in the states this summer. I need to make a trip down to GA, too, as it has been awhile for me.

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates