Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Addie's First Day of Preschool

Today Addie started her "Mommy's Morning Out"class at Lawrence Drive Baptist. I got her up extra early this morning so we'd have plenty of time for our breakfast routine. She woke up almost like she knew she was going to do something fun today! She was eager and dancing around in her new tennis shoes! After breakfast, I loaded her up in the car and took the five minute drive to our "school". I walked her to her classroom, talked a bit with her teacher Mrs. Susan, and was getting ready to put her down. However, after seeing a room filled with toys and the little girls that she was going to play with, Addie told me she wanted down, and off she went! She grabbed a baby and headed off towards the play kitchen without looking back!! I kind of felt like Denise on the Cosby Show when it was Olivia' s first day of preschool (check out the video clip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOLYXuZKj7Y - it wouldn't let me embed!) She is just so independent!

She had a wonderful time, and is looking forward to painting toast on Thursday (whatever that is!). This month we are focusing on the color yellow, the star shape, and the number one. We are going to have so much fun this year!! Check out our pictures below!
Yipee! I am ready for a fun day at school!!

Mom, I'm ready to go!!

I leaned the camera around the corner from Addie's classroom and got this amazing picture! She didn't see me; I guess the flash caught her attention!

Addie and her teacher, Mrs. Susan. This was after school and Addie couldn't figure out why I was taking a picture instead of picking her up!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww! Addie!! You're going to school already? You're growing up so fast! You look so excited. I hope you had a good time. Love you!

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates