Sunday, May 9, 2010

Strawberry Picking

Life has been a whirlwind over the past two weeks! I'll spare you the details of all of my traveling, but know that I am so glad to be getting back to my normal routine at home! To kick off our weekend, Justin and I took Addie to a strawberry farm down the road from our house. We usually go to Lane in Fort Valley, but I heard Elliott farms in Lizella had farm animals, so of course we had to go check them out!





Here is our sweet girl so excited to see goats and cows up close!

Addie and Daddy feeding some grass to the goat. She is so brave; at this age, I would have run and screamed in terror if I had been this close to a goat. She is truly a unique creation of God.


Enjoying a moment with Daddy.


I love my baby girl!! She was staring at the other children as they were loading up for a hayride!

Before we started to pick the strawberries, Daddy found a ladybug and put it on Addie's hand!

She giggled and giggled...she even put her other hand up so that the bug could keep crawling!

After a minute of playing with the bug, it flew off and landed in the dirt right below Addie. Here she is trying to find her bug!

Once Addie gave up looking for her bug, she decided to start helping us pick strawberries. At first, she wanted to pick everything. However, I quickly gave her a lesson on "only pick the red ones", and she soon caught on!

Bringing some berries to Daddy.

Our tuckered-out little girl after a morning of fun!

1 comments:

David said...

Watch out for the green "lady bugs". They bite! Only the red ones do not bite. And might there be some strawberry desserts in our future? hmmmmm yummmmm

 

Through Addie's Eyes... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates